Trouble starting Linux server

Michael Seewald mseewald at gmx.de
Sat Sep 21 13:58:23 EDT 2002

Hi all!

Somehow I feel stupid, I followed the guide on
http://www.beyondunreal.com/content/articles/21_1.php
to the letter, but the Linux server doesn't show up in my LAN.

My System:
PIII-450MHz / 256MB RAM
SuSE Linux v7.3
Networking: 2 Network interfaces eth0 (local) and eth1 (outbound),
            ppp0 is the NAT'ed interface

For a start, I am aiming at running the UT2K3 server on a local LAN (eth0).
However, when I run "./ucc-bin server DM-Asbestos" the server seems to start
(see console output below), but it does not open a port on the linux box and
thus is not accessible on the LAN.

Any help? Strange are also error messages like "Missing Texture Texture
PlayerSkins.JuggFemaleABodyA". I applied all packages and patches (Linux Demo
plus the 2 available patches).

Thanks for your help,
Michael

---Output from Linux box---
Executing Class Engine.ServerCommandlet
Unreal engine initialized
(Karma): Beginning Karma for game.
(Karma): Creating MeAssetDB.
(Karma): Loading: jugg.ka
(Karma): Finished Creating MeAssetDB (2 Assets).
Browse: DM-Asbestos?Name=Player?Class=Engine.Pawn?Character=Gorge?team=255
LoadMap: DM-Asbestos?Name=Player?Class=Engine.Pawn?Character=Gorge?team=255
Missing Texture Texture PlayerSkins.JuggFemaleABodyA
Bound to IpDrv.so
Bound to Fire.so
Missing Class Class Editor.TransBuffer
Bound to XGame.so
Missing Texture Texture PlayerSkins.JuggFemaleABodyA
Missing Texture Texture PlayerSkins.JuggFemaleAHeadA
Missing Texture Texture PlayerSkins.JuggFemaleBBodyA
Missing Texture Texture PlayerSkins.JuggFemaleBHeadA
(Karma): Initialising Karma for Level.
Static mesh batches: 10892664 vertex bytes, 1097202 index bytes
qhull precision warning:
The initial hull is narrow (the cosine of the minimum angle is -0.999904573).
A coplanar point may lead to a wide facet.  Options 'Qs' (search for best
initial hull), 'QbB' (scale to unit box), or 'Qbb' (scale last coordinate)
may remove this warning.  Use 'Pp' to ignore this warning.
See 'Limitations' in qh-impre.htm.
qhull precision warning:
The initial hull is narrow (the cosine of the minimum angle is -1).
A coplanar point may lead to a wide facet.  Options 'Qs' (search for best
initial hull), 'QbB' (scale to unit box), or 'Qbb' (scale last coordinate)
may remove this warning.  Use 'Pp' to ignore this warning.
See 'Limitations' in qh-impre.htm.
Collecting garbage
Purging garbage
Garbage: objects: 23552->23549; refs: 434461
Game class is 'xDeathMatch'
Sockets: Socket queue 131070 / 131070
Sockets: I am lakeforest (192.168.0.1)
TcpNetDriver on port 7777
Server Package: Core
Server Package: Engine
Server Package: Fire
Server Package: Editor
Server Package: IpDrv
   (server-side only)
Server Package: UWeb
Bound to UWeb.so
   (server-side only)
Server Package: GamePlay
Server Package: UnrealGame
Server Package: XEffects
Server Package: XPickups
Server Package: XGame
Server Package: XWeapons
Server Package: XInterface
Bound to XInterface.so
Server Package: Vehicles
Server Package: TeamSymbols_UT2003
Spawning: IpDrv.MasterServerUplink
Spawning: UWeb.WebServer
Level is Level DM-Asbestos.myLevel
Bringing Level DM-Asbestos.myLevel up for play (20) appSeconds:
17970449.996886...
InitGame: ?Name=Player?Class=Engine.Pawn?Character=Gorge?team=255
Base Mutator is DM-Asbestos.DMMutator
GameInfo::InitGame : bEnableStatLogging False
UdpServerQuery(crt): Port 7787 successfully bound.
Resolving master0.gamespy.com...
MasterServerUplink: MasterServerGameStats not found - stats uploading
disabled.
broadcast ping announcement.
Resolving ut2003master1.epicgames.com...
Webserver is not enabled.  Set bEnabled to True in Advanced Options.
Failed to load 'Sound GeneralImpacts.ImpactSplash2': Failed to find object
'Sound GeneralImpacts.ImpactSplash2'
Failed to load 'Sound GeneralImpacts.ImpactSplash2': Failed to find object
'Sound GeneralImpacts.ImpactSplash2'
xUtil::CacheLoad CachePlayers (0.087456 seconds)
2 ANTIPORTALS
Game engine initialized
MasterServerUplink: Resolved ut2003master1.epicgames.com as 207.135.145.2.
Resolved master0.gamespy.com (216.177.89.34)
UdpGameSpyUplink: Master Server is master0.gamespy.com:27900
UdpGameSpyUplink: Port 7788 successfully bound.
Sending GameSpy heartbeat: \heartbeat\7787\gamename\ut2d
MasterServerUplink: Connection to ut2003master1.epicgames.com established.
Couldn't open cdkey file.
Couldn't open cdkey file.
Master server requests heartbeat 0 with code 744
Master server requests heartbeat 1 with code 744
Master server requests heartbeat 2 with code 744
Master server assigned our MatchID: 0
Sending GameSpy heartbeat: \heartbeat\7787\gamename\ut2d