[ut2003io] Trouble starting server..

Ryan C. Gordon ryan at epicgames.com
Fri Sep 20 20:26:30 EDT 2002

> This box isn't a perfomance box, it's just in our office to test servers
> before throwing them onto the production machines in the data center.

(Wow, I never saw a CPU with the f00f bug before...cool.  :)  )

Yeah, but it has the same problem as the AMD K6 ... it's missing some
Pentium-Pro specific instructions, and MathEngine gave me Karma libs
optimized for Pentium Pro or greater.

They sent new libs, but it was way too close to us going gold to risk
swapping them in. If they turn out to be stable and the performance hit
is negligible, I might put them in a future patch.

--ryan.