[ut2003io] Benchmarking

zakk zakk at timedoctor.org
Sun Sep 15 21:02:07 EDT 2002

On Sun, 2002-09-15 at 20:44, Michael wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 15, 2002 at 08:25:09PM -0400, zakk wrote:
> > On Sun, 2002-09-15 at 19:56, Matthew Arnold wrote:
> > > On a semi-related note, do you know if there's anyway I can buy the game
> > > and have it reported as a Linux sale? Does it _really_ matter if I buy
> > > it through Tux Games? Or is it basically irrelevant?
> > >
> > > Matt
> > It matters.
>
> Does it? You mean this thing that connects for updates won't know that
> I'm running linux?
>
> --
> Michael.
It's the sales/buying from tuxgames gives money for them to fund
themselves. Tuxgames, has, for some time now, been one of the greatest
benefactors to Linux gaming. They go out of their way to inform
publishers of their Linux sales. And TuxGames' founder even started up a
new company to help Linux gaming.
LinuxGamePublishing is the only company releasing boxed, Linux-only
games.

I think TuxGames, LinuxGamePublishing, Epic, and id, are a few of the
bright lights in this otherwise dismal after-Loki experience.
--
-zakk
zakk at timedoctor.org