[ut2003io] sound performance

Jesse Keating hosting at j2solutions.net
Sun Sep 15 13:33:35 EDT 2002

On Sun, 15 Sep 2002 18:57:37 +0200
"Michi" <hcat at gmx.net> wrote:

# sound performance seems to be a real showstopper, at least for
# me. after playing around with ~./.openal and SDL_AUDIODRIVER
# i got the sound to play right i think but the performance is
# very bad. compared to a test with "-nosound -nomusic" i don't
# even get half the FPS! is a 60% FPS drop normal when using sound?

What sound card are you using?  I use a SB Live (not the 5.1 or
audigy), and I turned on EAX.  At 1024x768 I get around 40fps on my
Geforce3 Ti200.  It's very playable for me.

--
Jesse Keating
j2Solutions.net

Was I helpful?  Let others know: