[ut2003io] install help

Andrew Pilley ashridah at cyber.com.au
Sat Sep 14 20:41:21 EDT 2002

On Sun, Sep 15, 2002 at 01:35:20AM +0100, Tanis wrote:
> Once again, thanks Ryan. Yes, the server is also my web server for my site -
> built from items I had lying around and hosted on my old works 100m/bit
> network (RAH!). So, I could indeed have www.wolfhold.com/ServerAdmin as (I
> think you called it) a redirect?! Could you possibly elaborate more on this?
> Perhaps it might be better to email me off list, or would others on the list
> mind reading this also (I ask as this sort of thing gets put down all the
> time on the hlds_list serve, and I wouldn't want to annoy anyone :-)

you probably need to look into mod_rewrite if you're using apache,
or if you've got php or something, you can probably make a simple index.php
that instantly redirects you to the server port (http://server.com:8080/
or whatever.

i haven't had to use mod_rewrite before, because it's a large mess most
of the time, but http://httpd.apache.org/docs/mod/mod_rewrite.html
has the docco.

Andrew 'ashridah' Pilley