[ut2003io] updater

Jim Ragsdale rommel at netdoor.com
Thu Oct 31 00:11:49 EST 2002

On Friday 04 October 2002 08:14 pm, Deaths_Ride wrote:
> Ok...did that and this is what I got:
> bigbobo at bigbobo updater]$ xhost +
> access control disabled, clients can connect from any host
> [bigbobo at bigbobo updater]$ ./update
> Searching for installed products... done!
> ERROR: ut2003_dedicated not found, are you the one who installed it?
> [bigbobo at bigbobo updater]$
>
> On Fri, 2002-10-04 at 20:07, Ryan C. Gordon wrote:
> > > I was just experimenting, but I got an error that said there was no x?
> >
> > You are probably running as root but X11 is running as a regular user
> > and refusing connections from others.
> >
> > Quick fix is usually to run "xhost +" as the regular user.
> >
> > --ryan.
did anyone post what was up with this? i looked and did not see anything after
this message dealing w/ this error. I just installed the dedicated linux
server and was trying to update and this is what i ran into.

sae at Penguin-rex ut2003_dedicated $ ./updater/update
Searching for installed products... done!
ERROR: ut2003_dedicated not found, are you the one who installed it?
sae at Penguin-rex ut2003_dedicated $

and i am the one who installed it.