[ut2003io] Number of Linux Users

D. Olson dana at mandrakeusers.org
Wed Oct 30 20:06:23 EST 2002

On Wed, 30 Oct 2002 17:01:00 -0800 (PST)
Richard Smith <spam_all_you_want at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Unfortunately, I don't buy things from overseas.
> (Unless there is no UK distributor).  I did contact
> Linux retailers in the UK, but they did not seem
> interesting in stocking UT2003.

Umm... My UT2K3 was shipped from TuxGames located in Nottingham...
That's close to the UK isn't it? ;)

> > Other than that, I don't see
> > how it's possible.
>
> The game connects to a master server whenever the
> player selects the multiplayer option.  It would be
> possible for the master server to record the OS of the clients.

Yes, but there are people who "pirate" the game I'm sure, so that's
not a real good indicator, I would think. But the numbers would still
be interesting.

--
D. Olson
The Mandrake eXPerience

"Seeing, contrary to popular wisdom, isn't believing. It's where
belief stops, because it isn't needed any more."