[ut2003io] Linux patch is here!

Andrew Pilley ashridah at icculus.org
Sat Oct 26 19:29:37 EDT 2002

On Sun, 2002-10-27 at 12:59, bus_error wrote:
> Actually - the latest stable version on the debian website is a 2.2.x
> kernel - unstable/testing is not as bad as it sounds, it's just where ya go
> for the current kernel release.

this is not correct. there is a debian linux official installer set that
uses the 2.4bf kernel, and they provide precompiled 2.4.x kernels in the
stable distribution.

ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/woody/main/disks-i386/current/images-1.44/
contains a bf2.4 directory, with boot disks for a 2.4 based installer,
and i don't think i've ever used any other kernel version when
installing my versions from cds and the like (i haven't used official
cds tho, but i imagine it isn't hard to change at install time)

ashridah