[ut2003io] Performance under Linux

Eric Lathrop eslathro at mtu.edu
Mon Oct 21 17:56:05 EDT 2002

> What version of the kernel are you using? you may need to update to a
> newer release to get support for the SiS chipsets in agpgart. i don't
> recall wether NvAGP supports SiS, but you can check to see if it's
> listed in the README as being supported (for their own internal agp
> driver, it's not an absolute)

I'm running 2.4.19, and I enabled
Character devices->/dev/agpgart (AGP Support)->Generic SiS Support.

The README for Nvidia's driver doesn't say it supports SiS's
651 (I think that's my agp chipset).

> What have you got the agp apeture set to in the bios settings?

It was set to 4mb, but I changed it to my video card's memory size(64mb),
and while it maybe have given me a few more fps, it didn't make agp
enabled.

  --Eric Lathrop
    www.WretchedBliss.net