Single Player Seg Fault - Fixed!
j.tan at softhome.net
Mon Oct 7 22:23:17 EDT 2002
I recompiled glibc 2.2.5 and binutils 2.13 from GNU's source - they made
My last resort (due to the long weekend) was to try and reinstall
Mandrake 9.0 from a friend's confirmed working Mandrake 9.0 installation
using his package selection. I gave this a try, imported his package
selection during install, and it fixed the problem! Single player now
doesn't seg fault.
I haven't had time to find out which package difference made UT2003's
single player work. If other people are having the same problem take a
look at the package selection that I used - it'll hopefully shed some
light as to why UT2003 seg faulted in the first place.
Thanks to David (for sending the unstripped libs), Ryan (for attending
to the Bugzilla entry over the weekend) and Darren (for sending me his
working package profile). I still don't understand why certain packages
would cause UT2003 to fail.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 189 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part
More information about the ut2003