Random problem-solving, sound-related

Chunky Kibbles chunky at icculus.org
Sun Oct 6 23:40:40 EDT 2002

Heya,

The other day I upgraded my machine to slackware-current with ALSA.

I was getting all maner of weird problems [the game not exiting
correctly, not getting any sound at all, etc, etc].

I upgraded to the latest CVS of OpenAL, and pulled SDL-1.2.4 [not sure
that the second made a difference]. After compiling both of these with
ALSA support and no OSS/ESD/ARTS, All of my problems with sound, etc,
went away.

I've no idea if that makes a difference to anyone, but it's just one
of those little mental notes...

Gary (-;