[ut2003io] Anyone Using GLIBC 2.2.5?

Ryan C. Gordon ryan at epicgames.com
Fri Oct 4 20:35:42 EDT 2002

> I'm a bit concerned about this.. is anyone running the UT2003 Linux
> client on a system with GLIBC 2.2.5? The game segfaults on the
> libpthread.so library, which correct me if I'm wrong, comes from GLIBC.
>
> GLIBC 2.2.5 is whats used on Mandrake 9.0.

"libpthread" is always the first entry listed when you crash. It has to
do with the way Linux and ut2003 handle segfaults.

(I _did_ have a glibc incompatibility with a Gentoo user, but it was a
different sort of problem).

I've had reports of success on Mandrake 9.0.

Is this the crash when trying to create a single player profile?

--ryan.