Installing with Debian Systems

Lord Demios grahn at thegamebox.net
Tue Oct 1 16:52:00 EDT 2002

Many of the servers I deal with, or help admins deal with use Debian
Linux.  I wanted to pass this along for doing the install.

Put in the disc3/Linux disc and copy it to another directory.
Eject the CD.
Run the installer from that directory you have placed the copy of the CD
in.
When asked to put in your first disc, do so.  Don't mount it, just put it
in and hit retry.

Eject the CD, and put in CD 2 when it asks you to.  Then hit y to continue
the install.

At the end of this, when it asks for Disc 2 again, it really doesn't want
disc 2, but disc 3.

At this time, put in your CD key, and you should be good to go.

Hope this helps.

Chris G.