[ut2003io] UTelAdSE beta 3

Robert Brandtjen rob at prometheusmedia.com
Thu Nov 14 14:14:27 EST 2002

On Thursday 14 November 2002 11:52 am, Michiel El Muerte Hendriks wrote:
> I garantee you that UTelAdSE is more secure then the WebAdmin, why?
> simple, UTelAdSE has a 5 second pause on a incorrect login, The WebAdmin
> doesn't, thus brute forcing UTelAdSE is much more difficult then brute
> forcing the password via the webadmin.

Not true, do a google on telnet and see what you come up with - xinted will
not allow more then 3 wrong answers. Besides, as I've pointed out, the
webadmin is not a real user, the telnet client is. Ergo it is infinitely more
dangerous then the webadmin client - I would rather have to reset the server
then rebuild the entire box.

--
 Robert Brandtjen
 Hostmaster at prometheusmedia.com