[ut2003io] UTelAdSE beta 3

[-SF-]Shockwave shockwave at clanshortfuse.com
Thu Nov 14 10:56:40 EST 2002

Hello Robert,

Telnet doesn't encrypt the data stream which includes login name and
password data.  It isn't necessarily a security hole unless you are
implementing it on an untrusted network.  A client which employs an
encryption scheme like SSH2 would be the choice if you are concerned about
someone intercepting your data.

Since we're on the topic of security, it should also be mentioned that the
UT2003 web interface doesn't employ any encryption scheme either.  ;)

Shockwave