[ut2003io] is there a linux client patch yet?

J Holder aaahoopy at simulakrum.com
Thu Nov 7 14:09:55 EST 2002

Ryan C. Gordon said:

>> http://unreal.epicgames.com/linux/ut2003/ut2003lnx_full2126.sh.bin
>>
>> that has a URL for the patch in it.  I didnt look at this bug last
>> night when I was looking at the site.
>
> The autoupdater takes care of this for you (there's also a 2136 that
> applies on top of 2126).
>
> su who_i_installed_the_game_as
> /where/i/installed/ut2003/updater/loki_update

I am surprised that they are using an auto updater.  Not once in all the
time I played half life did the auto updater work for me.  I always had to
go and get the patches by hand.  It was with that mentality that I was
looking for a downloadable patch for ut2003.

I hope the auto update for unreal 2003 works better than my past
experiences.  I have some loki games from way back that loki_update didnt
really work as advertised.  I can only hope there was a lot of bug
whacking between the last time I used it and now.

If you read that URL i posted, apparently loki_update may not work
correctly unless you hand apply one patch first by hand.  I dont know if
thats an issue with the updater, or just a problem with their patch.

I will run the update with fingers crossed.  But first I will back up my
install directory.

john