[ut2003io] One install, two platforms. Doable?

fyn at ut2k3-linux-list.artemis.wrong.button.com fyn at ut2k3-linux-list.artemis.wrong.button.com
Sun Nov 3 20:39:27 EST 2002

On Sun, Nov 03, 2002 at 12:56:47AM -0500, Ryan C. Gordon wrote:

> Patching/autoupdating will be broken, but you can:

I was able to get the patches to work by quickly running through patch.dat and
removing entries for non-linux-specific stuff.

> them to use OpenGLDrv and SDLDrv (you'll see this in the .INI it writes
> out), and the game should load.

That it does!

> info in front of me. I don't recommend doing this (and I don't want to
> hear bug reports if something doesn't work after you do this), but it
> SHOULD be possible with a little effort.

Actually it was surprisingly little effort, less so than waiting for the 2.5Gb
to copy over and then symlinking/deleting stuff.

But!  Where do I put my CD Key so it can see it in Linux?  Obviously it can't
find it in the registry...

Thanks muchly for your help!