s3tc...

Ryan C. Gordon ryan at epicgames.com
Fri Dec 20 04:43:39 EST 2002

By the way...

We stuck some experimental fallback code into 2166's OpenGL renderer to
handle OpenGL drivers without s3tc support (Radeons with DRI, etc). This
code is completely untested on Linux here, since, as you all know, we
all sold out to Nvidia and don't have to play with open source drivers
any more.

Tell your friend(s). Reports of success and failure are welcome. I'm
curious to see what cards can run (and which ones can limp along) with
2166 that couldn't even get started before.

Then again, it might just crash. I'll wade through the bug reports when
I get back from Waffle House.  :)

--ryan.