Linux 2166 patch is now available...

Ryan C. Gordon ryan at epicgames.com
Fri Dec 20 04:36:59 EST 2002

The Linux ut2003 2166 patch is out. Patches for both client and server
are available, both as a tarball and autoupdater files.

If the autoupdater works for you, just fire it up and it'll pull down
the latest and greatest. If you prefer to download manually, please be
patched to 2136 before applying this (or use the non-autoupdater tarball).

Freely-downloadable dedicated server autoupdater files:
   http://unreal.epicgames.com/linux/ut2k3/ut2003lnxded-2166.sh.bin
   http://unreal.epicgames.com/linux/ut2k3/ut2003lnxded-2166.sh.bin.txt
   http://unreal.epicgames.com/linux/ut2k3/ut2003lnxded-2166.sh.bin.md5

Retail discs autoupdater stuff:
   http://unreal.epicgames.com/linux/ut2k3/ut2003lnx_full2166.sh.bin
   http://unreal.epicgames.com/linux/ut2k3/ut2003lnx_full2166.sh.bin.txt
   http://unreal.epicgames.com/linux/ut2k3/ut2003lnx_full2166.sh.bin.md5

If the autoupdater gives you trouble (for any number of reasons), you
can use this tarball. If you use this, you will -DEFINITELY- not be able
to use the autoupdater in the future. This tarball will update both the
retail client/server and the freely downloadable dedicated servers.

   http://unreal.epicgames.com/linux/ut2k3/ut2003lnx_patch2166.tar.bz2

Options are a good thing.

Thanks to gameservers.nl, whose bandwidth I'm still holding hostage as a
mirror site:

Dedicated server autoupdater stuff:
   http://dl.gameservers.nl/ut2k3/ut2003lnxded-2166.sh.bin
   http://dl.gameservers.nl/ut2k3/ut2003lnxded-2166.sh.bin.txt
   http://dl.gameservers.nl/ut2k3/ut2003lnxded-2166.sh.bin.md5

Retail discs autoupdater stuff:
   http://dl.gameservers.nl/ut2k3/ut2003lnx_full2166.sh.bin
   http://dl.gameservers.nl/ut2k3/ut2003lnx_full2166.sh.bin.txt
   http://dl.gameservers.nl/ut2k3/ut2003lnx_full2166.sh.bin.md5

Tarball that can be applied over retail or free dedicated server (but
breaks the autoupdater):
   http://dl.gameservers.nl/ut2k3/ut2003lnx_patch2166.tar.bz2

If you want to be in the autoupdater mirror list and aren't already,
please drop me a line. If you are in the autoupdater mirror list, please
pull down ALL the files (two .sh.bin, two .md5 and two .txt).

Have fun, y'all.

--ryan.