[ut2003io] problems on debain woody

Felix Maibaum f.maibaum at web.de
Thu Dec 19 04:52:19 EST 2002

Am Samstag, 14. Dezember 2002 21:26 schrieb Maik Holtkamp:
> I tried to install UT 2003 without success.

I'm surprised noone asked you this before: Is you system overclocked in any
way? Are you running anything out of spec? Is anything getting too hot?

I know you probably thought of these things already, but there are still
people that don't.

This sounds almost certainly like a hardware issue. You could try to visit a
friend, let him burn a couple of files to cd, including their md5 sums, and
then copy the files to your system and see if they are still correct.
If they are, go to your store and get a different set of CDs.
If they are not, then start removing hardware from your machine and try again
until they are.

I know this is the time-consuming solution that you were probably not really
looking for, but in my experience the only way to isolate faulty hardware.

bye

Felix