[twilight-devel] Twilight filesystem layout idea

Joseph Carter knghtbrd at efn.org
Wed Feb 26 16:32:45 EST 2003

On Wed, Feb 26, 2003 at 08:18:11AM -0600, Shawn wrote:
> > made much smaller if needed), and redoing the menu system (come on, it
> > needs a rewrite, even if we end up completely changing the look in the
> > process).
>
> This is something that if no one else takes up in the near future, I'd
> like to be involved in or do. A flexible dynamic menu system is
> something I've been working on for my own little game in what little
> spare time I have anymore :( (Night Class + Work == No Free Time)
>
> A basic generic menu system is something I've been trying to come up
> with. I've thought of several different solutions, at the moment I don't
> have time to fully outline what those are, but it would be nice to hear
> others' ideas on this.

Indeed.  I would kinda like to avoid XML for parsing reasons though.  I
guess we could always go with an Apache-style XMLish thing, but again the
question is whether or not that's worth it.  I've concluded that I don't
care if the Quake menu works or not, really, but a menu is necessary.

--
Joseph Carter <knghtbrd at efn.org>                   What're you looking at?

<change_m2> Will LINUX ever overtake sliced bread as the #1 achievement
            of mankind?