feature request

Forest 'LordHavoc' Hale havoc at inside3d.com
Sat Aug 10 03:55:42 EDT 2002

> i'm working on it right now.  i hope you like what i have.
>
> i'm also doing some small things.  like i noticed that your mkdir
> returns no information about success or not.  i changed it to return
> success or failure, and wrote something to catch errors.

Sounds useful.

> this is beyond my ability right now.  i just started looking at your
> code.  it *looks* like it restores a game with the player "dead".

That could happen if there's a parsing error, most likely the game
saving code is writing out bogus strings or number strings somewhere -
you might try looking at the .sav yourself in a text editor.

> i also started taking some notes about the code.  maybe it could be the
> start of a README.hacking or something.

Nifty.

> also, would anyone besides me find it be useful to hack the makefile to
> generate a ctags file?  i can't live without ctags...
>
> pete

Should be made as a configure option I would think...

--
LordHavoc
Senior Editor for http://www.gamevisions.com