[swbf] Lo all another game another mailing list :P

Michael Ressen netadmin at michiganburbs.com
Fri Sep 24 12:57:49 EDT 2004

-> -----Original Message-----
-> From: Steven Hartland [mailto:killing at multiplay.co.uk]
-> Sent: Friday, September 24, 2004 11:53 AM
-> To: swbf at icculus.org
-> Subject: [swbf] Lo all another game another mailing list :P
->
-> Lets kick off with what needs fixing shall we:
-> Must haves:
-> 1. Use a config file not command line. This would eliminate
-> the map list restriction as well as enabling nice server
-> names not limited to 14 chars which is really silly. 2.
-> Command line or config option to set the used ports. Both
-> query and game. This is a MUST have for the game to be
-> supported by GSP's. 3. Some sort of rcon protocol preferably
-> a webadmin interface.
->
-> Should haves:
-> 1. Linux server, a large portion of the available server
-> space is Linux based without a Linux server this seriously
-> limits the games market penetration. If they don't have the
-> skills to do in house or just need some help we know a man
-> that can /me looks in Ryan's direction :P
->
-> Would be nice's:
-> 1. Remove the gui window an replace with proper console.
->
-> More as I think / come across them.
->
-> Do we know if we have any official contacts on this list?
->
->     Steve / K
->

We can always count on you for the hit list, Steve!  :)

A post by one of Pandemic's devs on the Lucasarts boards does say they are
working on a Linux port, however I think we need to press them hard for
developer participation on this list, and advance testing of the binaries for
compatibility and bugs.

/BA
Michigan Burbs