[supermeatboy] (no subject)

Evandro Giovanini efgiovanini at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 13:16:18 EST 2011

On Fri, Dec 16, 2011 at 12:54 PM, Sven Arvidsson <sa at whiz.se> wrote:
> On Fri, 2011-12-16 at 01:57 -0200, an unknown sender wrote:
>> I'm running 64-bit Fedora 16 (Linux 3.1.5, Mesa 7.11.2), pretty much
>> the latest released versions of most stuff. I removed the included
>> libstdc++ and ran the game with "./amd64/SuperMeatBoy-amd64
>> -ultralowdetail". You can easily tell the setting was applied by the
>> missing vent effects in levels like 2-4 and 2-5.
>
> This is very interesting, does the game run without using that option
> too?
>
> I'm on 32-bit Debian, using the same versions of Linux and Mesa and
> having no luck (MojoShader compile failed with 7.11.2, Segfault with
> Mesa git).
>
> One big difference is that Fedora uses glibc, Debian (and Ubuntu etc.)
> eglibc, but I have no idea if that's the cause of this.

I don't think the problem is specific to Ubuntu/Debian systems; I
tried the game on a fresh install of Arch Linux and had the same
problem (this on an AMD E-350 system with the open source radeon
driver).

I then updated the mesa/ati driver using git snapshots from the
"perry3d" package repository and the game started working. My guess is
that the current release of Mesa is broken in some way and Fedora has
a fix applied in a patch.

---
Evandro