[supermeatboy] (no subject)

Evandro Giovanini efgiovanini at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 23:26:53 EST 2011

On Fri, Dec 16, 2011 at 1:57 AM, Evandro Giovanini
<efgiovanini at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 16, 2011 at 1:33 AM, Ryan C. Gordon <icculus at icculus.org> wrote:
>>
>>> I can confirm that argument works. I don't have a Linux installation
>>> on my MacBook/Intel 945 at the moment but on an AMD E-350 system the
>>> game is running fine with open source drivers.
>>
>> Great!
>>
>> Can we figure out what your distro looks like? Maybe you're on a bleeding edge version of the drivers, it works for you and not others?
>>
>> Also: did you keep libstdc++, or just use the command line?
>>

> I'm running 64-bit Fedora 16 (Linux 3.1.5, Mesa 7.11.2), pretty much
> the latest released versions of most stuff. I removed the included
> libstdc++ and ran the game with "./amd64/SuperMeatBoy-amd64
> -ultralowdetail". You can easily tell the setting was applied by the
> missing vent effects in levels like 2-4 and 2-5.
>
> ---
> Evandro

Ok, an update for those interested: I tried the game on a laptop with
an Intel Atom N450 CPU and Intel integrated graphics and it ran fine.
A little slow as expected, but the game worked well enough to beat a
few levels. All I did was remove the included libstdc++.so.

This was on a 32-bit Fedora 16 system. I would suggest the people
having issues to download a Fedora Live CD and give that spin.

---
Evandro