Serios 1+2 don't start anymore

Peter Lemken plemken at gmx.de
Tue Sep 21 03:50:31 EDT 2004

Here is the relevant section from the log:

* START NEW DISPLAY MODE ...
  Starting display mode: 640x480xdesktop (fullscreen)
Multimonitor is not supported on this platform.
Cannot load OpenGL driver 'libGL.so.1'Requested display mode could not be
set!

Trying recovery mode 0...
  Starting display mode: 640x480xdesktop (fullscreen)
Multimonitor is not supported on this platform.
Cannot load OpenGL driver 'libGL.so.1'
Trying recovery mode 1...
  Starting display mode: 640x480x16 (fullscreen)
Multimonitor is not supported on this platform.
Cannot load OpenGL driver 'libGL.so.1'
Trying recovery mode 2...
  Starting display mode: 640x480x16 (fullscreen)
Multimonitor is not supported on this platform.
Cannot load OpenGL driver 'libGL.so.1'FatalError:
Cannot set display mode!

It's an AMD 2400+, 512 MB of RAM, GeForce 440MX
Gentoo 2004.2 with a vanilla 2.6.8.1 kernel

Hardware accelarion is enabled; can play Quake 3 without any problems.

I copied the entire direcory onto my notebook and I am having no problems
playing the game there.

I tried all kinds of different NVIDIA-drivers, alas, to no avail.

Any clues?

Peter Lemken
Berlin

--
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in
a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly