[ssam] Status on SS:TSE ??

Andrew Pilley ashridah at icculus.org
Thu Oct 16 20:19:00 EDT 2003

On Fri, 2003-10-17 at 07:40, Relic2K wrote:
> Hey All;
> 	Any word on when we will be able to finally play on the Win32 Servers ?? I realize that everyone has their hands full lately. It would be nice to finally do some major ass kicking online vice searching for Linux servers.

Actually, last i heard, you'd have to convince croteam to release a
patch to clean up their network protocol. afaik, they haven't done so
(at least for ssamtfe, but i'm pretty sure there's similar bugs in the
network protocol for ssamtse as well).
Without that, there's not a whole lot anyone can do to fix the linux
version.

ashridah

--
I hereby pose this question for analysis.
Are Microsoft users smarter than hamsters?