[ssam] new beta...sorta.

Frederik Dannemare frederik at dannemare.dk
Thu Jan 9 07:43:47 EST 2003

Ryan C. Gordon wrote:

> For those of you that realized ssam beta1a expired today, there's a new
> binary available via loki_update.
>
> If you don't have loki_update installed, you can download:
>
>    http://www.icculus.org/updates/ssam/ssamtfe-beta1b.sh.bin
>
> MAKE SURE YOU DOWNLOAD AS A BINARY FILE.
>
> and run it:
>
>     sh ./ssamtfe-beta1b.sh.bin
>

> There are no fixes in this version. It just extends the beta expiration
> (and tests the autoupdater).

thanks for all the work you've put into making this port. Has worked very
well for me on two different systems (both debian woody) where a friend and
I have played through[1] the whole game on cooperative mode.

/frederik

[1] we only miss beating the very last monster (really, really big one.
don't remember his name/race). We are running around inside an arena of some
kind with a huge spaceship above in the sky.  Attacking him with weapons
directly won't work (he'll regenerate). We have to jump through some kind of
'rings' (there's four of them), that will shortly activate a beem from the
spaceship. Dunno how to get all the way past this final 'puzzle', though.