[ssam] new beta...sorta.

Michi hcat at gmx.net
Sat Jan 4 19:51:01 EST 2003

On Sun, 2003-01-05 at 01:21, Scott Tyson wrote:

> is anyone on this list having choppy sound problems?  I'm running RH
> 8.0/Gnome 2 with a TB Santa Cruz sound card. I get good frame rates
> but sound is useless.  Just cuts in and out do to heavy skipping.
> I'm using the drivers RH installed.

works fine here, no sound skipping at all.

my system:

Athlon XP 2200+ /w 512 MB RAM
GeForce 4 4600
ASUS A7V333 /w onboard sound (C-Media)

I'm using redhat 8, too, but my install has been "customized" a bit...
using the latest ALSA and GARNOME to name a few things.

try running the game without GNOME, 'xinit /path/to/the/game/ssamtfe'
to see if GNOME is the problem.

if this is not the case (likely), try the ALSA drivers for the santa
cruz, info here:

http://www.alsa-project.org/alsa-doc/doc-php/template.php3?company=Turtle+Beach&card=Santa+Cruz&chip=CS4630&module=cs46xx

bye,

hcat

btw: thanks for another 30 days ryan... ;-)