[ssam] Installation from a bundled disk

spillner at imsa.edu spillner at imsa.edu
Sun Aug 3 23:39:58 EDT 2003

>you can run the installer with the --keep parameter and edit
><installer>/setup.data/setup.xml to fit your disc.
>
>hope this helps...
>
>michi

My problem turned out to be the fact that I inadvertently disabled the Joliet
extensions (to ISO 9660) the last time I upgraded my kernel, so the kernel
couldn't see the filenames for which the setup program was asking.  Boy do I
feel stupid... but I'm reporting it because I think it might make a good
FAQ/README hint.  Running with --keep was what allowed me to debug it, so
thanks for the help.