[smpeg] Problems with SMPEG + DevCpp + Win32

Noyan Günday ngunday at gmail.com
Sun Oct 11 13:08:02 EDT 2009

I'm trying to create a simple video playback for my opengl scene.
tried to do this with SMPEG but I have 2 problems:

1. if I create SMPEG on a surface that is created with
SDL_SetVideoMode() it works just fine and SMPEG fills the pixels field
of surface properly. but I have my own opengl window and don't want to
use the one that SDL created. When I create the surface with
SDL_AllocSurface() or SDL_CreateRGBSurface() SMPEG still plays the
sound but the surface's pixels field is filled with binary 00100000s.
never tried to compile glmovie.c but as far as I can see that's how it
works there.

2. I can't pause or stop the video. when I do this, the window won't
response anymore and video won't stop or pause because I can still
hear the audio. but when I remove the line with SMPEG_setdisplay()
normally no video frames generated but audio works fine and the video
stops and pauses when I call the corresponding functions.

I need help with these issues. thanks in advance.