Xcode project/Universal Binary?

Peter Mulholland darkmatter at freeuk.com
Mon Sep 25 09:17:33 EDT 2006

Hello smpeg,

I've used smpeg in a few games for MacOS X, and have just been asked
to update those games to support Universal Binary.

The easiest way to do this since as the game uses SDL and SDL_mixer
too, was just to use Xcode for this, and use the UB built Framework
versions of the SDL libs.

I tried to make my own Xcode project for smpeg as a framework, and it
compiles, but the problem is when this version is used, video playback
is a jittering mess that keeps speeding up and slowing down like
crazy. When built via gcc-fat.sh, the resultant library works fine,
but it's a pain in the ass to use as that library is looking for SDL
libs built in unix-style, not the frameworks.

For now, I have resorted to using the static smpeg that comes with the
Xcode project for SDL_mixer, which also works fine - but I would
prefer to be nice and LGPL friendly and make a working framework of
smpeg. Any ideas what's going on here?

I made sure the following preprocessor symbols were defined in the
Xcode project: THREADED_AUDIO NOCONTROLS USE_TIMESTAMP_SYNC. As far as
I can see, those are what the Makefile defines, too...

--
Best regards,
 Peter                          mailto:darkmatter at freeuk.com