Fault with smpeg under MacOS X (possibly endian issue)

Peter Mulholland darkmatter at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Oct 5 05:39:17 EDT 2005

Hello smpeg,

I suspect this is less to do with MacOS X and more to do with an
endian problem. Basically, audio is broken. Attempting to play an mpeg
file with plaympeg produces the following on every mpeg file i've
tried:

        Audio MPEG-1 Layer 2 0kbit/s 0Hz stereo

The picture then stutters badly, and eventually, segfaults. If you use
the --noaudio switch, the video plays fine.

I'll try and track this down if I can, but being totally unfamiliar
with SMPEG and pushed for time, i'd be grateful if anyone has any
ideas of where to start looking.

Also another little snippet, under OS X, it refuses to build as a
shared lib, even when forced to do so in ./configure. The output is:

       checking whether the linker (/usr/bin/ld) supports shared libraries... no

which is rubbish as SDL and SDL_mixer build shared libs just fine.

--
Best regards,
 Peter                          mailto:darkmatter at blueyonder.co.uk