[smpeg] performance of smpeg on strange hardware - Geode GX1 300mhz

Owen Butler Owen.Butler at throughput.com.au
Tue Mar 25 21:16:08 EST 2003

I have the stupid task of trying to find out whether a Geode GX1 machine is
capable of playing 640x480 mpegs, the only catch :  I can't have a machine
to simply test it on.  I'm looking for comparisons of performance on similar
hardware.

My question in general :  What is the performance of smpeg like on low end
hardware?  Does anyone have any experience running/using smpeg on say, a
233mhz pII?  k6-2 at 300 ?

Cheers,

Owen Butler