Changing mailing list software...

icculus at icculus.org icculus at icculus.org
Thu Mar 12 01:30:16 EDT 2009

We're in the process of upgrading icculus.org from its current,
extremely broken Gentoo install to Ubuntu. The first step of this
process is replacing as much software as possible that doesn't have a
maintained package, so I don't have to spend my life hunting down and
compiling updates from source tarballs. One of those things is ezmlm,
the mailing list software we've been using here. It's sort of crappy
software anyhow, so I don't think anybody is going to miss it. We'll be
using GNU Mailman as a replacement.

So after this email, I'm going to convert this mailing list. Do not
panic if you send mail today and it bounces, as I might just be in the
middle of converting the list still.

You will get an email notifying you of the new list details. This will
confirm that your subscription transferred, and give you the archive
URL, passwords, etc. If you don't get a notice and you don't see a list
posting from me saying I'm done, you probably didn't get
transferred...you can resubscribe with no problem, though.

Email will still go to sdlsound at icculus.org as usual. Problems can go to
my email address.

ok, here we go...

--ryan.