[sdlsound] SDL_sound mixer ETA??

Kevin Rogovin kevin.rogovin at gmail.com
Thu May 29 21:27:19 EDT 2008

Hi Kevin,

 Just so you know:

SDL_RWops is a very simple structure to read and/or write data to a
more abstract source than a file, for me I use it so I can read from
.zip files containing lots of files, lots of games do this: Serious
Sam, Quake, the list goes on.

Your jukebox is using SDL_mixer to load and play the music files, but
suppose the music files were stored encrypted or archived into a
larger volume file, under SDL_mixer you will need to create an
individual file for the mp3 you wish to play, rather than streaming it
directly for from the large volume file or such.... SDL_Sound allows
one to say "load" a file via SDL_RWops, thus it n could be a part of
large file volume or anything as long as you ran read and seek.... in
truth though, for your program there really is no need for that, as it
is a jukebox to play mp3, ogg and other music/sound files....

-Kevin