[sdlsound] modplug

Eric Wing ewing2121 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 12 11:39:26 EST 2005

I think I remember an issue for preferring Modplug
over Mikmod. If I remember correctly, if for some
reason you tried playing multiple files simultaneously
or the same file multiple times simultaneously, Mikmod
would either produce strange output or crash the
program. I can't remember what Modplug did in this
case, but I don't think it crashed. This was over a
year ago, so I'm not sure if the Mikmod people ever
fixed this. This doesn't explain why Mikmod is
preferred over Modplug though.