Beginners Tips

Steve VanWerkhoven sv at interchange.ubc.ca
Wed Nov 3 10:43:31 EST 2004

I am trying to get that playsound to compile properly, I have win xp, and am
using Microsoft Visual C++ to compile. I was wondering if you could possibly
give me a list of all the files I need for the I would like to set-up a
website to help others like myself on the tips of setting up sdl_sound with
MS Visual C++, similar to what is available for LIB SDL.

I am trying to get that playsound to compile properly, I have win xp, and am
using Microsoft Visual C++ to compile. I was wondering if you could possibly
give me a list of all the files I need for the sdl_sound, and which
locations I should have them in.

If you are familiar with MS Visual C++, then you know in the directory for
the program there is a library folder and a include folder.

For SDL installation it was straight forward, as I put the SDL.lib, and
SDLmain.lib in the library folder, and then added all the header files for
sdl, in a sdl folder in the include folder to do call such as #include
<SDL/SDL.h>.
The files in the include are all the headers such as SDL.h, SDL_audio.h,
SDL_endian.h, SDL_events.h ..... And so forth.

When I downloaded the SDL_sound library I was a little more confused as
headers, and source files, and library files were all over the place, and
there are so many dependencies.

I downloaded the "sdl_sound_visualc_srcs.zip" from the SDL_sound source
website, but when I unzipped it I was confused (the attached screenshot
shows the files and folder structure inside the folder).

Please let me know where the headers/source files should go that are in the
folder (present in the screenshot) and then what to do with all the other
folders as well.

If you could offer any advice on this subject please do, as I am getting
desperate to have this working ASAP.

Thanks,

Steve VanWerkhoven
University of British Columbia