ALSA required?

Jason Bodnar jason at shakabuku.org
Sun Sep 1 19:35:20 EDT 2002

I'm trying to build a slimmed down SDL_sound against uClibc with only the
built in mp3 support. make dies with the following error:

/usr/lib/libasound.so: undefined reference to `pthread_create at GLIBC_2.1'
/usr/lib/libasound.so: undefined reference to `pthread_join at GLIBC_2.0'
/usr/lib/libasound.so: undefined reference to `pthread_mutex_trylock at GLIBC_2.0'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [playsound] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/jbodnar/projects/mp3/build/SDL_sound/playsound'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/jbodnar/projects/mp3/build/SDL_sound'
make: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2

I'm getting this error because uClibc's libpthread is not going to have any
functions like "pthread_create at GLIBC_2.1", but I have no need for alsa
(libasound.so) anyway.

Is libasound really required?

--
Jason Bodnar