Problem with Playsound

Corona688 tsm at accesscomm.ca
Tue Oct 22 00:25:50 EDT 2002

Playsound makes one major assumption when it opens an audio device -
that the format it requests is the device it gets.  Under the vast
majority of situations, this is true;  however, under Windows CE, it is
not.

WinCE demands an audio buffer size of precisely 11028 samples at 44Khz
16-bit stereo.  Why?  Beats the hell out of me.  This could easily be
the explanation of the mysterious clicking I thought was due to the
processor being unable to keep up with the decoder;  I could minimize
it, but I could never get rid of it entirely.