[sdlsound] WinCE progress

Ryan C. Gordon icculus at clutteredmind.org
Sat Jun 29 13:43:21 EDT 2002

> Well, I've recieved my iPaq, and been working..  things haven't been as
> easy as I've hoped, but I'm making progress anyway.  For starters I had
> difficulty figuring out how to do commandline parameters under wCE..

Eventually, this will probably need a file dialog at startup that lets the
user select a file (or multiple files?), but I'm certainly in no place to
dictate how that should be done.

> and now, I'm trying to redirect stdout and stderr so I can actually
> -read- them afterwards..  I don't suppose anyone knows how to do that
> under wCE, do you?

Do something like this at the top of main():

  freopen("sdlsound_stdout.txt", stdout, "w");
  freopen("sdlsound_stderr.txt", stderr, "w");

It may work; I don't have a PocketPC device to try it. SDL might be doing
this internally before WinMain()...at least, it does on MacOS classic.

--ryan.