Easy way to know the total time and the current time ?

Yen-Ju Chen yjchenx at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 18 22:24:26 EDT 2002

Hi,

  Is there any way to know the total time of a song from a file
  and the current playing time ?
  I think I can use SDL_RWRead and SDL_RWSeek to know
  the total size and current position of a file.
  How to know that in the unit of time ?
  It would be tricky to map from size to time unit.

  Thanx.

  Yen-Ju

  PS. I'm writting an audio player using SDL_sound so that
      it would be handy to know the total and current time
      of a song.