README / INSTALL should list requirments

Ryan C. Gordon icculus at clutteredmind.org
Sat Jan 19 13:17:49 EST 2002

> E.g. you can't run bootstrap w/o FLAC, as I have just found out. Now
> I have to find the URL for that. That's not hard I guess, but if all
> of this was listed in some sort of document, it would be a plus.

I agree that these external libraries should be listed, but I'd also
rather make it so that FLAC isn't needed at all to run bootstrap. There is
a configure option to disable FLAC support, and otherwise, SDL_sound
isn't dependent upon it being there.

Is there something that should be added to acinclude.m4?

--ryan.