Slight MikMod / ModPlug cleanup

Torbjörn Andersson torbjorn.e.andersson at tietoenator.com
Wed Jan 9 03:04:22 EST 2002

This should keep modplug.c from playing unknown file types, and removes
some erronous extensions from the list of known ones. (Apparently the
XMMS plugin handles compressed modules, but libmodplug doesn't.)

For both mikmod.c and modplug.c I've added comments - gleaned from the
MikMod and ModPlug source - describing what the different file types
are, and tried to make sure that all the loaders are accounted for.
There are file types that MikMod handles but ModPlug doesn't, and types
that ModPlug handles but MikMod doesn't, so perhaps both should be
enabled by default.

I still don't know how to tell SDL_sound which one to choose in cases
where a file could be handled by more than one. Perhaps something as
simple as a configuration file listing all the decoders in the order
which they should be probed. A default file could be generated at
compile-time.

Torbjörn