Autoconf

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Tue Sep 25 14:28:41 EDT 2001

At 14:19 Uhr -0400 25.09.2001, Ryan C. Gordon wrote:
>  > Try --force-missing - the weird thing is, it worked for me, and I
>>  know several scripts that use it, but automake 1.5 only lists -f /
>>  --force-missing.
>
>Not there, either. Wierd.

Something else: I see that you have put aclocal.m4 into cvs - it
shouldn't be there.

And you might want to add at least a minimal README file, listing the
projects name, intent, homepage and an email address. Feel free to
add more information :)

>  > Isn't hard to fix, though one could argue if this is right or not...
>>  I am in fact not that happy about SDL_mixer.h being there, and the
>>  SDL_ prefix already is clear enough...
>
>Generally I agree, but I don't want to confuse things more...that is, if
>SDL_image and SDL_mixer are jumping off a bridge, we should follow them.
>
>(Nothing like bastardizing one of my poor mother's analogies.  :)  )

Sure thing, I will send you a patch.

>Also, the build system doesn't seem to be building/installing the playsound
>program. I imagine this is easy enough to fix, but I am continuing to
>demonstrate my complete lack of ability with autoconf. I really have
>to read up on the system some more.

I will look into this, too. I now have time to look at your current CVS.

Max
Max Horn
Software Developer

email: <mailto:max at quendi.de>