SDL_sound 0.1.1 available.

Torbjörn Andersson torbjorn.andersson at eurotime.se
Wed Sep 19 06:29:56 EDT 2001

Ryan C. Gordon wrote:

> And, if you get it working, you WILL have fixed SDL_mixer's AIFF loader;
> I'll be using SDL_sound for a rewrite of SDL_mixer, once the codebase is
> complete and stable.  :)

That's why I'm anxious to see it happen as soon as possible. From what I
understand it will mean that sounds no longer need to be in separate files,
and that will simplify - or at least beautify - my current pet project quite
a bit.

The AIFF loader that's in the current SDL_mixer CVS should work pretty well
now (except now the WAV loader appears to be broken instead; I've sent Sam a
trivial patch :-), but it only implements the subset of the AIFF standard
that I can actually understand and test. The one in SoX is probably better,
but I'm not sure if even that one handles handles compressed sound, for
instance.

But it's is sufficient for me. Extra features will have to wait until the
need arises.

Torbjörn Andersson