playsound bug

Torbjörn Andersson torbjorn.e.andersson at tietoenator.com
Tue Oct 23 02:28:26 EDT 2001

(Sorry about the belated answer. I was away for a few days, and the
Internet connection at the office was away for even longer. :-)

Ryan C. Gordon wrote:

 > Btw, that's the exact file I originally used for testing the WAV
 > decoder. Of course, that was before the overflow buffer was
 > introduced, but oh well.
 >
 > Small world.

Heh. That is quite a coincidence.

By the way, it looks as if the playsound patch does fix the MP3 decoder
problem after all. My only guess is that the overflow buffer wasn't
(still isn't?) completely drained at the end of the sound, before the
next sound starts playing. None of the example MP3:s would overflow
enough to trigger the bug, but when taken together...

Which makes me wonder: Is there anything to prevent the overflow buffer
from overflowing?

Torbjörn Andersson