Telling playsound what format to use

Torbjörn Andersson torbjorn.e.andersson at tietoenator.com
Fri Oct 12 13:18:52 EDT 2001

Ryan C. Gordon wrote:

 > We'll have to look at the conversion stuff more closely, because, if I
 > haven't said it recently, we really need to rewrite the converter.  :)

I still can't see any way of doing that in SDL without breaking
backwards compatibility in some way, so I've been meaning to put a
modified version of it in SDL sound and see how that works. Perhaps we
can pass it off as a "potentially useful testbed for SDL 1.3" sort of thing.

Does anyone who hasn't been sworn to secrecy know what the plans for
audio - or anything else for that matter - in SDL 1.3 are?

 > I've committed the changes to CVS.  Thanks!

Oops, the bit where I set sdl_desired.samples = 4096 * 2 was still in
the patch I submitted? That was just an experiment and not really my
intention.

(Unless, of course, it turns out to be a good idea. In that case, I
meant to do it. Really. ;-)

Torbjörn Andersson