smpeg works under Win32, but MikMod doesn't

Corona688 tsm at accesscomm.ca
Sun Oct 7 19:29:13 EDT 2001

"Ryan C. Gordon" wrote:

> > Couldn't open audio device!
> >   reason: [DirectSound CreateSoundBuffer: Invalid parameter].
>
> Can you rebuild the project with the following symbols defined:
>   DEBUG
>   DEBUG_CHATTER
>
> This will spit more information out to stdout, so we can determine what's
> specifically wrong.
>
> --ryan.

Done and done.  and I mean, done.

O:\code\SDL_sound\test\visualc>playsound mod7.mod
MOD: Accepting data stream
New sample DESIRED format: S16LSB format, 0 rate, 2 channels.
New sample ACTUAL format: S16LSB format, 0 rate, 2 channels.
On-the-fly conversion: DISABLED.
Couldn't open audio device!
  reason: [DirectSound CreateSoundBuffer: Invalid parameter].

Apparently, it's trying to create an output buffer with a samplerate of zero,
which won't work for obvious reasons.  I'm not sure where this is happening,
however.