Can the value of sample->buffer change?

Torbjörn Andersson torbjorn.e.andersson at tietoenator.com
Sat Dec 1 12:49:48 EST 2001

Ryan C. Gordon wrote:

 > The alternative for the FLAC decoder is to keep a second internal
 > buffer, decode into that, and then memcpy to the actual
 > internal->buffer, keeping track of overflow, but that sounds less sane
 > to me.

That's actually what the first (unsubmitted) version did, and I just
couldn't understand where the annoying ticking during playback was
coming from. Then I realized that it would be much simpler if I just
increased the buffer size and decoded directly into the buffer, but I
*still* couldn't get rid of that damned ticking.

Then I realized that the bug was in the playsound audio callback.

(This was the cleanup I mentioned when I jokingly suggested that we
should keep the playsound bug around for a bit longer. :-)

Torbjörn